Hi, I’m Caroline
Caroline Rickson, CPC, DTATI, BA,
Life Coach, with a Creative Approach
I specialize in personal and professional development coaching for individuals seeking support with transitions. I have learned through my own personal experiences and through working with clients, life has many unexpected turns. As a result, limiting patterns and beliefs may develop and affect how you view yourself, manage your thoughts and emotions, relate to others, and move through your day to day life.
As your life coach, I partner with you to increase confidence, reduce stress, increase motivation and creativity, discover purpose and meaning, heal hurts, overcome blocks, feel connected, live a balanced life, and achieve your version of success.
You are the expert on yourself. Our goals and action plans are developed collaboratively. I strive to provide a space that is non-judgmental, safe, creative and dynamic. In session, we will reflect on your choices, desires, obstacles, patterns and dreams. Depending on your needs and interests, I provide traditional “talk” coaching, self exploration through art, or a combination of both. If you decide to explore art as an avenue for expression and exploration, no “talent” or experience is required. I offer life coaching in individual, group and workshop settings. I have extensive experience and endeavor to work with adults and teens from diverse backgrounds.
Who and Why do People go to Life Coaching?
People from all walks of life, interests and backgrounds seek coaching. Some examples for participating in coaching include:
- Improving personal relationships with friends, family, and partners
- Turning down one's inner critical voice in order to move forward
- Transitioning through divorce, medical issues, grief and loss
- Adjusting to new careers, promotions, environments
- Caregivers needing support
- Practicing self care
- Living a healthier lifestyle
- Adjusting to challenges at school
- Developing Boundaries
- Creating new possibilities
Benefits of Life coaching:
- It’s strength based and empowers you to change your life
- Provides clarity in overcoming obstacles
- Helps you design a plan to achieve and actualize your dreams
- Holds you accountable to your plan by having someone to answer to
- Helps you work toward goals which can bring confidence and peace of mind and ultimately more meaning to life
- Moves the present toward a future that you designed
- Focuses on how to get there rather than on what’s in the way
- Offers emotional support and creates confidence
- It is practical, straightforward and optimistic
Benefits of Incorporating Creative Expression with Life Coaching:
- Creative expression helps you feel more centered in your body
- It’s an excellent avenue for self exploration and self expression
- It reduces stress
- Thoughts and emotions can be conveyed safely through art
- You become more trusting of your senses
- Expressing yourself through images allows some detachment and this helps you relate more effectively to challenging issues
- Creative Expression is filled with release and fun!
- No art experience is required!
For the last twenty years, I’ve worked in the human services field in various settings and capacities:
- Mental Health Agencies, Psychotherapist/Art Therapist, Lancaster PA
- Retirement Communities, Activity Director, Lancaster PA
- School, Painting Professor, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
- Arts Council, Office and Event Manager, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
- Residential Homes, Community Integration Counselor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Television Station, Publicist, Toronto Ontario, Canada
Certifications and Professional Memberships:
- CPC, Certified Professional Life Coach, Life Coach Institute of Orange County
- ADC, National Activity Director Certified
- Professional Member - The International Expressive Art Therapy Association
- Professional Member - The Canadian Art Therapy Association
- DTATI - Graduate Diploma, Toronto Art Therapy Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- BA - Concentration Visual Arts, University Of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Diploma Television Broadcasting, Canadore College, North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Is Life Coaching different than Therapy?
Therapy is different than coaching in that therapy is part of the medical field. Therapists are trained to work with individuals with significant mental health issues and to diagnose clients.
Life coaches are non-medical. Life coaches collaborate with clients by using their coaching skills and asking questions to allow clients to explore and find answers. Coaches work on helping clients identify what is happening now and what they want for the future.
Initial Consultation $80
Hourly Session $80
Package rates available.
Accepted payment methods: Cash or check